Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Anthony147 I think we have a glitch. I will get on to Paul about it
  3. ECM seems to have switched to low pressure close to our south-west for next weekend and possibly a warmer flow. But I can easily see how this ends up in an easterly flow for early May. Not a joyful prospect here in London!
  4. Redditch is looking bit cool at the end of the month
  5. It's raining . I suppose we should be thankful for the odd dry day . I'm in my 50s and I've never seen anything like the last 6 months or so..
  6. Just 2 days this year so far where the rainfall total for our region was 0.00mm Last occasion we had 2 consecutive days of recording 0.00mm was 4th and 5th September last year.
  7. This high pressure then..... It's all a cruel joke. Raining here, cold, miserable. I didn't think 2024 could be worse than 2023 but so far it's shaping up to be.
  8. richie3846 No, but above average for sure. It's the increasing frequency this Spring for me, barely a dry day. Looking forward to 4 or 5 days of dry weather to try and get the grass cut.
  9. A bit chilly towards the end of next week it seems. And terrible headaches to come from 900mb! Thankfully we must be in the "eye" given the light winds and sunshine
  10. One of the major hazards of lightning strikes are ground potential shifts; a lightning strike a few tens of metres away can cause a very large ground potential gradient, to the extent that the ground under your right foot can be hundreds of volts higher than that under your left. Apparently, that is a far larger cause of lightning-induced deaths and serious injuries than actually being struck directly. If you are caught outside in lightning, above all don't lie down - make sure you keep your legs together to minimises the distance between any points in contact with the ground. Entire fields of cows lying down have been killed by lightning strikes for this reason. Equally, this means that nearby electrical equipment can suddenly find a large voltage difference across it and the effect is that the lightning appears to have jumped invisibly to damage it. It hasn't, of course.
  11. mountain shadow Lots of rain for the north so far this month, are you in the same camp, with record rainfalls?
  12. Today
  13. jy I cut grass as part of my landscaping business (which has evolved over 15 years to be about 40% garden maintenance inc lawns/hedges, and 60% hard landscaping). I quite like lawn mowing, but it really does depend on which lawns, the weather and how much they’ve grown! It’s going to be a tough few months of cutting as the ground is so wet, and they are rocketing at the moment. Just this week a lawn I did my own took 3 hours instead of the usual 2.. and flat lawns are rare around here. A rare flat lawn I did just before that one took over 2 hours, when I have done it in an hour and a quarter.. it produced 4 times the amount of grass cuttings compared to 4 weeks ago! So it’s a mixed bag for me depending on how much it grows - which of course is weather dependant. Thankfully most of our lawns are timed and priced accordingly....
  14. Northern blocking ,isn't going to fade anytime soon according to the 00z gfs even into the start of May! Looks like Iberia and North Africa are going to take the brunt of heavy cold rains and very surpressed temperatures. In fact of talking record highs for Iberia ,we could be talking of record lows of temperatures and rainfall for the time of year....... Although !I hate the term "records "as it's all happened before ,long before man started noting weather data...☺
  15. 8.4 °C 7am. Quite windy here making it feel much colder, and it's raining, needed big coat on just to feed the birds.
  16. Another rainy morning. What a truly awful Spring this is. My son's cricket pitch is essentially a bog and not likely to be playable until mid June at the earliest. Effectively writing off half their season. Old fellas at the club cannot remember it as bad.
  17. Dear weather, please improve soon. Thankyou.
  18. Weather-history Interesting to read "so far this month 152.9 hours of sunshine." Depressing to see just 44.4 hours of sunshine recorded so far at Rostherne. Yesterday was their Coldest temp so far for April.
  19. Weather-history from memory the summer that followed wasn’t anything special though. I certainly remember a lot of local cricket matches being effected by rain with a few games being abandoned without a ball being bowled.
  20. cheese No better in Czechia, we’ve gone straight back to early March this week. Some sunny spells, at least, but the baltic wind is just nasty. A ray of hope showing in 10 days time
  21. Dry, windy and mild Temp 9C, Barometer 1012mb steady, Wind F4 W, Rainfall since midnight Nil
  22. At least it’s been a bad spring for most of Europe, not just us. Look at this yucky Munich forecast for example
  1. Load more activity