Problems logging in? ×
Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ANYWEATHER Now we're having torrential wind and gales... 6mm in the last 20 minutes! Just for context however - February and March this year combined has had more rainfall now than the entire first 8 months of 2022 here!
  3. How's the models looking for this weekend? I see there are still concerns on this front causing problems for kent and how far north/north west it will track
  4. Metwatch Wish that the Met Office hadn't stopped doing their in depth reviews and surveys in the early 1990s. Indeed when it comes to the Monthy Weather Reports there is an odd gap at least in searchable data from 1994 to 2000.
  5. In Absence of True Seasons it will only get worse, let’s be real
  6. Checked and I was right as for about two days we had this lovely warm ridge We had another short lived warm spell on May 6th too but generally the spring was very cold. I remember it well.
  7. I feel like we'll tick down somewhat into 2025 and maybe even 2026 if we go into La Niña and lose some of this water vapour effects and maybe that'll give a false sense of semi-normality but it makes you wonder if we get another Super Niño between 2027 and 2040 how warm that could tip the scales.
  8. LetItSnow! I don't have your memory of weather All I recall is being so cold and miserable that year that I decided to chuck my job and travel away from the UK. And so I did. This year may be another of those times...
  9. Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here
  10. Summer8906 April 2013 is a month with interesting variety from memory. The month started completely frozen and I remember being in the back of the car on the 4th with gale force, I think north-easterly winds, driving snow and no vegetation. Could have been a mid-January winter storm. However, I remember warm sunshine late in the month, so much so that we drove with the top down. It was a gloriously sunny afternoon and warm from memory with it being our first day in the low 20s, think it was the 23rd. Didn't last long before it went cold again but that couple days stopped the month from being extremely cold.
  11. Ok, if you have the PWA installed for the community, the notification permissions will be in that under app settings. If you're just using it on web, it'll be in the browser settings. First port of call, I think would be to double check and potentially reset those, so it can ask again and re-set them. Beyond that, it could be a bug within the community, potentially. I've seen the odd one mentioned on their community over recent months, so I can raise a ticket with them and ask the question, assuming your permissions are all set etc. If you're using the community in the browser, I'd probably also recommend clearing cookies/cache for the site and logging back in again, just to see if it's that.
  12. Crystal ball? More like plastic cube. April's guess is already very unlikely!
  13. Summer8906 Maybe where you are, but in London it was a different story... like last year, they had great May weather in Wales and other locations in the West, but here in London it was dire. Typical, my a*se.
  14. kold weather The north poor/south ridgey type summer further fuels my feelings of a 1998 type summer Summer8906 Pretty sure it was generally quite wet albeit with normal interuptions from April 1993 to February 1995. 1993 was a very wet year with 1013mm and 1994 had 1050mm. Probably why, along with better infastructure, the extreme drought of summer 1995 wasn't a hazard like 1976 was. Of course the biggest difference being at that time there was a stable cycle between drier couples of years and wetter ones whereas now the die is loaded in favour of wet... just like in older, colder, times it was loaded to dry. I really do think though this will let up soon... but soon could be second half of April or it could September; first week of September knowing the sardonic nature of the UK climate.
  15. Seems to be cloud breaking/clearance south of Plymouth and Torbay, could be some decent convection if that reaches land. Wonder if this is an area to watch for early afternoon.
  16. The community at the moment. I haven't had any radar notifications since yesterday.
  17. Are you just talking the community at this point, or on the radar too?
  18. Desktops are now working, but not mobile. Push will not enable. Each time I enable it, it asks me twice if I would like notifications. I click allow on both, refresh, and it asks me if I want to enable notifications again. It's only happening with Netweather though. Other sites work fine.
  19. April 2013 was actually quite dry and sunny. Just the second week was bad though the first week, though dry, had very lifeless countryside due to the cold March. May was a bit meh in the middle but started and ended well. June was just cloudy and boring, though often dry. The July hot spell set in on the 5th. Yes, I'd definitely take 2013 over 2024. An infinitely more interesting start to the year.
  20. LetItSnow! I don't think a single hot and dry week in May will make up for the preceeding 35 weeks of absolute rubbish.
  21. B87 Indeed but my desperation now is such that I'd be happy with 16 wet days with the second half mostly dry.
  22. Summer8906 Locally April 2023 was very wet as was the opening ten days or so of May. If high pressure hadn't taken over in the second half of May then it would have been an extremely wet spring, but seeing as the summer before had been so dry and the winter wasn't overly wet, I don't think it was too bad. Plus, my own preferences enjoy it. Indeed I don't remember spring 2023 feeling all that gloomy. March 2024 has felt gloomier but perhaps that's a mind set thing. Checking the outlook for the next ten days, it still shows a lot of low pressure but with that mild southwesterly element. Funny how, particulalry in spring and autumn that a south-westerly and its polar opposite, north-easterly, can bring some foul conditions. Northeasterlies at least have the benefit of winter/early spring/late autumn snow. The long term average for April is 58mm and I can see 2024 surpassing that. If we have a very wet first half then probably 50-70mm at least nailed for the UKP. I sense volatility and expect heavy rain, and particularly thunderstorms, will be the name of the game this spring, though I think May 2024 will be the most likely to have a hot week. I feel an early summer this year.
  23. Summer8906 April here averages 7 or 8 wet days. A very high chance that April will have above average rainfall and wet days after the first 8 days of the month.
  24. SunnyG 2024, the year without a spring. See also 1998 and 1983, though neither, at this point in the season, were quite as bad. I suspect there'll be no spring, but the second half of meteorological spring might resemble summer at times.
  1. Load more activity