Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wold Topper I feel like we will have a 1998/2016 style summer. So nothing remotely summer like until maybe late July if we are lucky, but more likely August/September.
  3. TwisterGirl81 Easy for the childless to judge ...
  4. B87 can you explain your rational behind this claim or is it just a 'gut instinct' without any scientific basis? Asking for a friend
  5. In Absence of True Seasons Oh yeah definitely, if we’ve had a stinker spring and/or summer then nice weather come Sept/Oct it does feel a bit wasted. Definitely felt that a bit in late Sept and early October 2008… Likewise cold in March and April after a naff winter.
  6. In Absence of True Seasons That's because I looooooooooooooooove you all LOL Weather Enthusiast91 Too damn true!!
  7. Jonnoramo87 The biggest problem with this April has been the lack of sun to be honest. Temperature wise this late April spell has been a bit below average and the earlier spell was well above average. But of course at this time of year the strength of the sun is far more important to the overall feel. The same average temperatures but with clearer skies bringing warmer, sunnier days and colder nights for most of it would have felt much warmer despite being the same statistically.
  8. *Stormforce~beka* Who needs TV when you can just come on here?
  9. Cheshire Freeze No we won't. I don't think we will have anything seasonal until maybe August/September. We only really had hot summers in 2018 and 2022 in recent years.
  10. WYorksWeather I wouldn’t worry, we’ll be blasted into the furnace via blowtorch southerlys from Africa before long. It happens every summer now so I’m not sure why people get so het up about some cooler weather. I’d snap your hand off for a guaranteed 2/3 day spell of -15 uppers in deep winter.
  11. Developing supercell on Ryans stream
  12. raz.org.rain That's the first chart I've seen so far from an OP run this year that actually looks properly warm (in absolute terms - obviously reaching upper teens in January or February is ridiculous, but it's not properly warm no matter how anomalous it might be). Certainly a good chance of 20C being reached again I think next week, but that ICON run throws the cat amongst the pigeons a bit. The key is going to be as always whether it turns into anything more sustained, or whether it is just a brief affair before we transition back to cooler northerlies again. GFS and ECM withholding judgement tonight I think - warmer but not properly warm for most is how I'd characterise them, with only an odd few spots having any hope of reaching 20C. The first properly warm day in my book would be when we hit a widespread 20C, and the most favoured spots reach 23C or so. Watch and wait for now I think.
  13. Showery morning with a definite hint of sleet first thing, nor surprising as 1c at that time; dry and reasonably sunny from lunchtime onwards. Max of 9c today, nice and warm in the sunshine, frigid in the shade. Some gorgeous cloud formations mid-afternoon... Suie viewpoint lovely as ever this evening (looking north/northeast).
  14. snowblizzard hey you leave Learo alone! You’re talking about the woman I love! (Ok I’m using the Young Ones/Felicity Kendal gag here!)
  15. Both GFS and ECM 12z ensembles look slightly more encouraging perhaps than they did yesterday. The 12z GFS OP was at the top end, but there does seem to be a bit more of a marked warmup around the turn of the month. 20C may well be possible for favoured spots I imagine. The ECM meteogram is introducing more uncertainty as soon as day 5 - still quite a lot to be resolved before we can have any confidence further into May. For what it's worth, UKV has a raw 19C for Tuesday afternoon - of course key uncertainties still to be resolved. Based on these three, a warmup looks to be coming around the turn of the month as I've highlighted previously, but there's nothing I'm seeing that suggests anything notable. Again, easy to forget how fast things are changing at this time of year. By early May date records are around 27-28C, so for a warm spell to be at all notable it would have to hit mid 20s. At the moment we're nowhere near that on any of the model output. Summary Probably increasing chances compared to yesterday of at least a 2-3 day warmup around the turn of the month. Favoured spots have a chance of hitting 20C, possibly feeling warm at times and a welcome improvement if you're looking for warmth, certainly. But still a long way from anything particularly notable at this stage. And I say this as someone who would welcome something significantly warmer - if the output supports it I'll be the first to say so. Further ahead the cooldown beyond the first few days of May now looks a bit more uncertain than it did, but given the uncertainties as soon as day 5 probably not worth losing too much sleep over that at this stage in any case.
  16. As Summer starts in the Northern Hemisphere we are starting to see things heating up, I believe SE Asia is currently under an extreme heatwave alert to give a current example. I believe we will see record breaking heat in many places within the next 6 months in the Northern Hemisphere I believe this year to be hotter than last so this can be a thread for all the events if you will.
  17. Metwatch I like all things zombie, and just heard about 28 Years Later which is now in development. In Absence of True Seasons The cazadores can stay in the Scottish Highlands. Anyone wishes for an SSW and they get hit with a fat man.
  18. TwisterGirl81 Anything can be available anywhere, the current working website I use to stream shows or movies is called Soaper.tv. Not much ads on there either been decent for me in recent months.
  19. Addicks Fan 1981 Nothing wrong with the hovmoller charts either - it's all the same data to be fair. Whether you use meteograms, ensembles or whatever it's all just different presentations of the same raw data. Again my posts should be taken as the situation at the time - things may look different from day to day. Going to do a quick post now.
  20. This is because you spend all your free time in here with us weirdos
  21. Metwatch me but the spin offs aren’t available to uk residents, can you believe that
  22. Careful about the deathclaws though. They know how to ruin a good Saharan Plume.
  23. Since the discussion has gone onto TV shows, are there any Walking Dead fans in here? Quite a lot of "spinoff" shows have been made now involving different main characters and even in different countries such as one in France released last year. Main shows have finished now
  24. MP-R Oh yes, agree. I just meant that mentally for me it's a bit of a kick in the teeth when we so rarely seem to be able to obtain those sort of conditions in April to August haha. I'd rather have a fantastically sunny, warm and dry April and May and sacrifice September, than the other way around. TwisterGirl81 I played the games as a teen (Fallout)...very interesting to now see it becoming fully mainstream with a TV show
  25. Well the forecast I saw was for light rain all day, so a few showers isn't too bad compared to that. Looking warmer from Monday onwards
  1. Load more activity