Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In Absence of True Seasons It's worse because the last two months have been like it as well. Dull Aprils happen but it's not so often we get a hat trick like this, along with December being abysmal too.
  3. danm I wonder if that owes to the theory that a late season SSW would be beneficial for a warmer and drier summer? At some point, the pattern shifts and gets stuck with the opposite synoptics. That could be ideal if you like hot and dry summers à la 2018.
  4. B87 Lack of sun has been super noticeable. This sort of daily, blanket greyness is quite overwhelming for this time of year. Especially in the SE / London. It's definitely not some something I associate with Spring. I'd expect it in the depths of December or whatnot but not nearly May. I think the stats are being bumped up by sun hours occuring in the mornings and evenings/nights which is the least beneficial time for those hours and doesn't make the day really "feel" sunny
  5. A mostly cloudy rather cold day with sunny spells late on. A few spots of rain at times. Max temp 10C, now 9.1C, Barometer 1000mb falling slowly, Wind F1 WSW, Rainfall Trace
  6. CryoraptorA303 We are overdue a sunny July and August and a bone dry and sunny October/November, and maybe one of the sunniest Decembers on record with how many extremely dull ones we have had recently. 3 of the 4 dullest Decembers have occurred since 2010. 4 of the 5 dullest Augusts since 2008.
  7. Markus03 London averages about 110 wet days per year. That isn't one dry month out of a year.
  8. Markus03 B87 Yeah, it's a bit of a stereotype taken to America by northern English and Scottish migrants. East Anglia has among the driest Cfb climate in the world.
  9. B87 What I meant, it's actually wet over there. Maybe there will only be a total of a month a year when days in one year are actually dry.
  10. Markus03 We don't expect wet all the time. That is why the last 11 months have been so terrible.
  11. B87 Indeed, in that time we had 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, vs 2018 being the most mixed bag on the planet and 2014, 2016, 2023 being the only ones that can be described as at least a bit poor. Quite the surplus of sunny and/or warm Aprils, looks like the 2020s are hitting us with the overdue poor ones all at once. I won't mind too much if it means we also get the sunny, drier autumns we're very overdue in turn.
  12. I feel bad for you. In the UK you expect wet all the time. There are rare occasions where you're like "Finally, there will be dry weather for a week".
  13. Markus03 I wish we had 15c and sun. Nothing but cool, wet and cloudy for the forseeable future. In Absence of True Seasons It has felt like being in a warmer version of Glasgow or Bergen. Constant rain and rarely seeing the sun.
  14. Frigid Issue is too, it comes off the back of prolonged dullness and wetness as a dominant theme. Winter was incredibly dull and wet, as was last Autumn (aside from the heatwave in Sept and the few days in Oct). Before that? Virtually all of high summer bar a few days at the end of August. This Spring wouldn't have been such a downer if it was preceded by a lovely sunny, crisp, snowy winter, and a comparable Autumn prior to that. Instead, we've had 9-10 months where nearly every single day has been a variation of 10-14c, overcast and some degree of rain. Genuinely has felt like living in a different climate for much of the last 12-18 months, to me, and it shows no signs of abating. Really impressive, for all the wrong reasons.
  15. In my area there's rain and 3 degrees. It's not as bad where you have around 15 degrees. That's actually pretty good. Not hot but not cold either.
  16. Frigid Yes, it’s been a long, dreary slog. I’m not after April heatwaves either, a pleasant 16°C with predominantly sunny conditions and some traditional showers would suit me fine.
  17. Daniel* Yup I'd expect todays CET to come in at around 5.9C (due to minima at Stonyhurst being a bit higher from what I can see of the hourly obs).
  18. stainesbloke As someone who usually doesn't mind dull and wet, even I'm starting to get bored of it. Sunny days in spring are perfect, shame the majority of it has been so cloudy.
  19. Rain in Southern Finland right now. Temperatures around 3 degrees so it's not feeling pleasant. Snow will however melt quickly. Currently only 5 cm of snow left. I really hope there won't be another winter situation this spring. However next week will look promising anyway with temperatures nearly 20 degrees
  20. CryoraptorA303 The long term sunshine average for April is 177 hours. The last 10 years average 191 hours. I'd be happy with anything above 160 at this point (which is now impossible).
  21. They are, but average conditions don't mean much in a month as chaotic as April. There is huge room for what can be considered normal at this time of the year. We have simply had a large number of warm and/or sunny Aprils this century that have distorted expectations for the month. It's unprecedented really. We are well overdue some poor Aprils and sunny, dry autumn months.
  22. *Stormforce~beka* I think many of us true weather enthusiasts are screwed, sadly
  23. stainesbloke I'm a warmie and a coldy! I'm screwed ...
  1. Load more activity