Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Metwatch The definition of spring-like is iffy in this country when you can have such Aprils such and 2011 and 2012 contrasting eachother. But what I meant, and maybe ir was not the best word to use, but that early flowering and budding and such remarkably persistent mildness meant that the month felt like a particularly gnarly spell of weather in late March or April. The mildness combined with the local exceptionally early budding and flowering meant that to me it was spring-like, but not everyone has the same definition.
  3. Shap went down to -4.3 degrees in the early hours. A cold overcast morning has given way to light patchy rain. Current temp a chilly 8.4 degrees.
  4. To me it felt mostly like October or a mild November, as was the rest of the winter apart from the 2 weeks in the middle of January. For Febuaries to feel spring-like they would be drier and sunnier while still mild. The best example of this here was February 2023, but a lot of Feb 2019 felt like spring and similar with the second half of Feb 2021. Abnormally early flowering is just a byproduct of it being very mild which might make things look like spring has arrived early, but the feeling of spring in the air is still non-existent if it's dull and wet. I'm sure similar happened also in December 2015 which almost no one would have called that spring-like, more just an extension of autumn.
  5. I'll be absolutely staggered if we don't! I think we will hit 25C during the 2nd half of May.
  6. 0z deterministic runs, out to Thu 25 Apr (day 7) GFS persists with its mini-beast. 0z ensemble means, out to Fri 3 May (day 15) GEFS shows something mildly threatening in the Atlantic right out at the end of week 2, but ECM does not. GEFS also seems to want the eastern trough in the nearer timeframe to cause us more misery than ECM does.
  7. *Stormforce~beka* Hopefully it will warm up very soon.
  8. A light frost again this morning Temp got down to 1.5C.Mrs Ponti was prepaired for it .Plants were under cover early. A Meteor 2.3 scan from 10.45 pass.
  9. Today
  10. There’s a distinct difference between my sun trap patio and the shadier other side of the lawn. Do you know what’s the best thing about today? Not only the clear blue sunny sky, but the complete lack of wind. It’s like lockdown Spring 2020 for one day .
  11. I remember as a kid growing up, that the March Winds,April Showers bring forth the may flowers saying was true Granted these days its seems all over the place, but May was always the first month for any decent "Heatwave" In fact i remember hearing people saying how amazing it was to get temps in the 20's in May Then from june till the end of the school holidays or so it was quite often water fights and such in long warm sunny spells Who knows this year hey :D
  12. A nice one from Meteor 2-3 10.45 pass this morning.
  13. LetItSnow! I like warm with at least average sunshine, and I know that we will get a dull summer this year.
  14. Rich_Clements Sorry. It's just such a shame it won't last. Just popped outside to water the grass seed and it still feels pretty chilly out there.
  15. Mostly sunny in my ends today, pleasant. Bit chilly but far better than the constant cloud and rain we had for so long. I'd love if it were a few degrees warmer to better enjoy the sun strength at this time of year, but I'll take what I can get at this point! Northwest NI that is actually insane!
  16. The European early Spring ends with a bang!
  17. We’ve been quite lucky this morning, it has been absolutely beautiful, steadily warming up from a -1.2 degrees frost around dawn, 1026mb and no wind. April mornings don’t come much better. A very reasonable looking few days ahead, through the weekend and into early next week, the 0z EPS chart for next Monday morning at day 4 is a cracker. The MSLP chart shows a high pressure of 1036mb over the UK and Ireland, part of a “bar” of higher pressure extending through to the Siberian Arctic. But make the most of it! Even with this setup, though it is nigh impossible for our high to be shifted east by anything off the Atlantic, it instead gets undermined by trough development to the east. There were good hints of this in the models yesterday, and though still a fair way off, the subtle hints of yesterday for day 10 have grown into clear suggestions today for day 9, the trough notably deeper and further west. This is the kind of evolution I love to see, not necessarily for the weather it will bring, but for the phenomenon itself. The 0z ECM op at days 6-10 shows the potential, the Scandinavian trough spawning a little low pressure system running down through the Norwegian Sea, joining with another more active one coming out of Greenland and sweeping down through Iceland… …the two merging and swivelling down into the UK and Ireland, with the cold air reasserting itself in the process. With the seasonal timing, probably not at all welcome, though I keep the faith that one of these years we’ll get this kind of thing a couple of months earlier and enjoy it a lot more. As it stands in the current modelling, it’s a spring ambush!
  18. The thread title “Spring has sprung” is becoming less and less appropriate with each passing day. There is hope in my locale at least, for a decent spell beginning this weekend. The Metoffice is notoriously pessimistic with temps in my area so hoping for mid teens to maybe 16 - 17 degrees during mid afternoons.
  19. Sun Chaser Just not with the July 2023 bit tacked on after?
  20. Ok it's chilly in the wind but we get lot's more sun in the SE from these conditions compared to the mild SWerlies last month where we had consecutive days of 0 sunshine..
  21. A dry, sunny respite in the south today, before a showery end to the week for all tomorrow. High pressure builds in from the Atlantic this weekend, bringing mostly dry conditions with sunshine in the west, but it will remain cloudy and cool in the east Read the full update here
  22. ANYWEATHER Certainly will feel cold if we get cold, wet and blustery north-easterly winds! I imagine the feels like temperatures would be quite the picture on the 0z around the 26th with 40-50mph NE winds around north-east coastal areas with heavy rain to boot. But it may not be that bad, little movements in where the low eventually ends up could make such a large difference as to whether it’s just showery and chilly or cold and miserable. Shades of 1998/2007 yet again…
  1. Load more activity