Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Frost tonight too, will be warmer in 8-9 months, raging SW'lys double digit temps feeling balmy
  3. Cold dry weather, yeah that worked out well....
  4. Heating on full whack here. Can see my breath outside. Vile.
  5. Big area of showers over home moving south towards Warrington. I'm out in Liverpool atm and see the dark clouds missing me to the east.
  6. A mixed bag today after a decent couple of days. A few showers, some heavy. Temperature only reached 9.9C, well below average for the time of year.
  7. I had taken the image of the dark clouds outside my house. It looks threating, almost dark at one point as it is moving east.
  8. Lee Notts Mid July??? Here it was chucking it down from the 1st July.
  9. Today
  10. RRFS also now in range, has some morning convection, in my experience rrfs slightly overdoes am convection and clouds, but even with it doesn't particularly do much to the environment west of I35, Multiple Kansas supercells and a very classic I44 supercell in OK. The Wichita mountains in south western Oklahoma can often act as a small scale forcing mechanism. Its unfortunately why Moore is so infamous for tornadoes, storms develop over the mountains and track to the northeast into OKC metro. Oklahoma and Kansas need to watch this day very closely.
  11. I think I’ve happened to avoid the absolute worst of the weather being in Somerset instead of Derbyshire this week. Tuesday and Wednesday had sunny starts, cloudy noons/early afternoons and sunny late afternoons and around 13C. Today has been cloudier all day and windy but where I live it has been just 8C today !!
  12. Ryan Hall on YouTube will be doing live coverage for all these potential severe weather events over the next 4 or so days starting today. Looking like the most impactful outbreaks this year yet if all goes as modelled. Reed Timmer might have multiple adrenaline coughs through this .
  13. 3 hail showers this afternoon but plenty of sunshine in between. A ‘proper’ April showers day looking from the inside out, enough to lift the spirits….barely keeping about 5/6c though so still feeling like February when out in it. I’m still wearing my full winter kit when dog walking!
  14. As with other parts of the region, a poor showery day and certainly worse than anything forecast. Wall to wall cloud until lunchtime then a few minutes sunshine here and there during the afternoon and as seems to have been the case throughout April, a cool feel to things. A couple of months earlier and it would have been a winter spell to tell the grandkids about but as usual, no such luck from this part of the planet and week after week, month after month of mediocrity is as good as it gets with anything remotely warm and dry being continually just beyond the reliable. even this weekends warming (sorry approaching average) trend is looking like early next week now.
  15. In Absence of True Seasons The average temperature in September is 20.2c so it's hardly a waste. Typical September weather would be pleasant for most.
  16. B87 I feel like most people would prefer the sort of weather we get in September nowadays, in April or May. I certainly would. 20c+ weather in Sept feels like a tad of a waste, especially in the latter half of the month.
  17. CryoraptorA303 indeed. In my childhood, which was the 90s and very early 00s, August was always the "king" summer month. The month where things were generally warmest, sunniest and driers. We used to go on a family trip every August to Devon, and in my mind's eye it was generally sunny and warm most years, enough so for me as a child to swim in the sea, my parents would lounge about on the beach etc, sometimes my dad would get the kayak out and I'd sit in the back. There's plenty of photos I've seen of those holidays too and most of the photos show sunny weather, everything very vibrant. If I had been a child in the 2010s to now, that decade of summer holidays in August would show a very different picture. July tends to be the "king" summer month nowadays, August a disappointment, and then a final blast arriving in Sept.
  18. Will be interesting comparing the 1-14 CET and the 15-30 CET. The last couple of days will bring a warm up, but certainly the 15-28 mean will be comparably below the 1-14 mean.
  19. midlandsun My parents are in the Midlands.
  1. Load more activity