Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. We don’t have to agree with their methods to understand why protestors do what they do. The actions of suffragettes or civil rights protestors and many more, disrupted life for people at the time, now we understand with time passing that it was a small price to pay. There is nothing as important as the effects of climate change right now and these people are trying to make the rest of us take notice.

3. well that's the 25C bubble burst today, onwards to the 30C next......25.4°C at: 14:06.
  4. Today
  5. 1st cut? What length is it? Mine has been done a few times
  6. After a hint of early morning frost and mist, it’s turned out a fine, if slightly hazy day with the current temp around 15C and no wind to speak of. A few butterflies are out and about. To continue the Jackdaw nest saga, the up-and-over garage door actually dislodged the first attempt and their point of entry was blocked off. Undeterred, they have pecked a hole through a beam on the roof above the guttering in order to gain entry to the garage again and have recommenced building a nest behind a tarpaulin and on top of some old furniture - just discovered it by chance this morning. I think it will be possible to fix the tarpaulin so that they do not have free access to garage/barn, but no doubt the swallows will be discouraged from nesting again this year.
  7. I regret asking to work the Easter weekend so I could get some leave back. In typical fashion, the weather is crap when I'm off next week.

1. reef

reef

Yes, I have the joy of Friday, Saturday, Sunday night shifts aswell. I knew as soon as I was rota'd on for them it'd be glorious weather.

8. Why am I sweating? It's only April and it feels like summer already. I'm sick of this, why can't we have our old climate back?
  9. Strangely, a lot of the reservoirs and rivers are around or above average last time I checked.
  10. Very pleasant and sunny here although stiff breeze is taking the edge off of the temperature. On way back from shopping trip to Inverurie earlier the car thermometer showed 19C. Off out in a bit to fire up the ride on mower and give the lawn its first hair cut of the year.
  11. Here are the Met Office maps which show annual, seasonal and monthly rainfall totals among other weather types. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/anomacts
  12. The FV3 is suffering from major bug issues and is currently due for official release in June, but this keeps being put back, which goes to show the issues are still a big problem.... I would take anything it shows regarding cold..... With a big pinch of salt!! Back to the here and now, I feel 25 could be exceeded somewhere in the next few days.... Pretty amazing for late April!
  13. Useless. These so called experts don't have a clue what's happening after next Wednesday. Yet the climate change 'experts' along with their crusty unwashed protester friends claim to know what's going to happen in 20 years time. LOL.
  14. 21C has been hit. Breeze has died down today so actually feels very warm. 4 more months of this please.
  15. The last above average Season for rainfall here was Summer 2017. There have been a few months with average rainfall since but most have been dry or very dry. My exposed front lawn has not recovered fully from the Spring to early Summer drought last year which is something that has not happened before, even in 1995, 2003 or 2006. Just to add March this year did have just above average rainfall which all fell early in the month.
  16. Good topic. Here in SW London we have had 452mm in the last 12 months, that's about 77% of normal. Certainly another dry summer could cause a few problems. Soil very dry on the allotment.
  17. Is there anyone else having a prolonged dry spell at the moment? We've only had 109mm (56%) since 23rd December (nearly 4 months!) and have a rolling 12 month total of 453.6mm (68%). Anything below 450mm in a rolling 12 month period is very unusual in this area. It has only happened in ten 12 month rolling periods since 1980 in three distinct dry spells. The first was August - November 1989, the second February - June 1992 (May was just above this) and most recently in February and March 2012. Certainly in 2019 useful rainfall has been pretty rare (just 20 days with >1mm so far and only 9 of those were >3mm) and following on from 2018 it is certainly getting even those not usually interested in the weather talking. How much rain have you seen in your area?
  18. And, as we move on down the line (thank you, Roy Orbison) the FV3 produces a watered-down version of its obligatory 'Arctic Blast': What's the chance of this one verifying!
  1. Load more activity