Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dry and cool with patchy cloud Temp 7.7C, Barometer 1010mb steady, Wind F1 SW, Rainfall since midnight Nil
  3. Yesterday
  4. Funny how weather happens like that sometimes.. such as the three wet Saturday nights into Sundays events that we've had atm.
  5. That winter certainly was extraordinarily wet and stormy the lack of high pressure for so long was crazy. Was an angry winter.
  6. Golden rule is: Dont trust The Turks. No apology required from me.
  7. A very nice pronounced halo around the moon tonight,does this signal a cold winter?,it's one of the folklore's that i have heard of.
  8. Exactly. We’ve had more than enough rain now and the ground is thoroughly waterlogged. What we need is a drier period, otherwise we might end up with a similar situation to December 2015 - and I’m sure no sane person wants that. This certainly isn’t typical autumn weather unless you live in the Lake District. In Leeds, for example, we don’t exceed 60mm of rain on average for any month of the year - our wettest month is actually August with 58mm - and yet we’ve reached that figure with more than half the month to go - certain people perhaps forget that most of England is actually quite dry, even in autumn.. ..and besides, one of the best aspects of autumn is mellow, cool sunny days with frosty mornings, misty evenings and the sun shimmering on the colourful foliage - surely nobody thinks the current weather is preferable to that?!
  9. Personally satellite broadband would be the option of last resort for me due to the latency (pings upwards of 800ms compared to around 20ms for adsl broadband). You can do better than £50/mth for 500Gb, especially if you buy your own unlocked mobile router and antenna (if needed), which would be around £200. Three also do better home broadband deals, including the router, than EE. I only get a 3G signal from them though (still faster than my BT line). Unlimited Data Plans on UK Mobile Networks: With No Download Limits KENSTECHTIPS.COM Unlimited data plans allow you to download as much as you like, with no download... Until you move in though it's going to be difficult to know what mobile network, if any, is best. Thier coverage checkers should be taken with a pinch of salt. If you have an unlocked phone, grab a free sim from each of the main networks and check what you get once you've moved in. That's if the kids won't lynch you if they don't have "WiFi" the second they enter the house.
  10. This Autumn reminds me more of 2012 than 2000 so far. What set 2000 apart (bar the flooding by the end of October) was just what a sting the systems from mid-October onward, severe gales.
  11. Rain during Sunday eventually cleared during the early evening to leave it dry and increasingly clear allowing the temperature to fall quite quickly Temp 9.1c
  12. A bit more amplification on this run at day ten with more trough disruption west of the BI and with more WAA north toward Svalbard compared to the flatter 12z,also watch for the back door to open up as the Scandi high develops that could produce cooler air round the back(red arrows),one to watch in future runs. yes it's looking like drying up and warming up a tad thank god,but it will be interesting what happens from here, now this looks a bit interesting from Judah Cohan with a HP cell developing over Scandinavia https://twitter.com/judah47/status/1183458842404933634/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1183458842404933634&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.netweather.tv%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjudah47%2Fstatus%2F1183458842404933634%3Fs%3D19 And chio has just posted recently over on the strat thread.
  13. As a weather enthusiast it’s nice to have something slightly different for a change rather than above average temps and anticyclonic conditions persisting in autumn, I love all weather types if they don’t persist for more than a month or so, we had endless dry weather throughout summer (at least here anyway) so it’s nice to see a wetter period for me
  14. Job creation great for the economy, the tax man will be aware though that if you get paid several 100 pounds to glue yourself to a cat, you will be liable to pay tax.
  15. A breezy day with yet more rain, finally clearing to sunny spells mid afternoon. Maximum 16.3, minimum 11.9. Wind moderate SW.
  16. Early indications suggest a strong autumnal Strat vortex in the coming weeks. I’d rather see it now than the start of winter. We may have to suffer a wild late autumn but I am cautiously optimistic for mid winter. I suspect that teleconnective conditions, from low solar to neutral to weakly positive ENSO will reflect this though with unprecedented arctic melt long term forecasts will be more unpredictable than ever.
  17. Wettest first half to autumn, I think since 2000.. that autumn continued in very wet theme throughout resulting in significant flooding by December - lets hope we can escape that this year. Recent autumns have been very mixed on the rainfall front, we've had some notably wet ones such as 2013 and 2015, but also some very dry ones such as 2010 and 2016. We haven't had a sustained wet autumn throughout since 2000 though. Indeed its been rare to not see at least one lengthy anticyclonic spell at some stage.. No obvious sign of that for the foreseeable, though granted some places did see quite dry weather mid September. Its also been rare not to see some exceptionally mild conditions at some stage as well, lasting for quite a period. Some Octobers in recent years especially later on have delivered exceptional mild weather.. We could be on course to see a very average autumn temp wise, with very little in the way of extreme temps either cold or mild, yet a very wet one, which would make it quite a change from many recent ones.
  18. Another very unsettled week ahead, atlantic ruling the roost, temperatures preety static as well, though a cooling trend as we end the week. Not much else to say. Signs as we enter following week, may see a drying out some what at least in the south, with ridging having more influence, and milder conditions again. All very normal service - such patterns can embed themselves for lengthy periods, and with hurricane season going quiet, there doesn't appear to be anything on the immediate horizon to shake things up in the atlantic - all eyes on where the PV decides to position itself later this month I feel, and its strength as this will be dominant influencing factor for November - as my expectation is the atlantic will stay preety active - but this doesn't automatically equate to wet and mild for the UK..
  19. If it's a wet winter, there will be problems across parts of N England, Wales and the Midlands. 175% summer rainfall plus a deluge over the last few weeks...
  20. Well if that's the case then a met office warning should and would of been issued but they didn't which indicates conditions where not bad enough to warrant one but tomorrow is a different matter but if what your saying is the case then I understand its annoying so I hope atleast for you things get drier no hard feelings.
  21. Next weekend looking very unsettled and quite windy with low pressure literally parked on top of the UK. According to the ECM mean we should see a gradual improvement into the following week with high pressure building from the South... Temps generally around the average. Until then a fair bit of water to flow under the bridge.... If you pardon the pun.
  22. Like I said there's a typo in there where I meant last 4 weeks not months. Secondly I have lived in a hilly part of Northern England and it was worse as per average, but when I talk about "worst" I'm comparing it to the normals of where I live at the time. Even so TBH I still can't remember such a dreadful mid Sep-mid Oct period even in that former location, but then I'm not that old either.
  23. Some misty spells and drizzle,calm,max 11 deg,min 9 deg
  24. We have had far worse weather than this but if you think what you have had is bad try living in these hills because I can assure you that where you live has the best weather in the north,it is far drier where you live and at least 3 to 4 deg warmer all year around!
  1. Load more activity