Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thursday 25th April 2024 Clear spells overnight, frost forming,clouding over shortly after dawn. A good deal of cloud to start, sunny intervals developing around mid morning. Turning mostly cloudy towards late morning with the odd light shower around. 24-hour maximum 10.8c 24-hour minimum -0.2c Minimum temperature on grass -2.7c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 11.6 mph NE Rainfall total = 0.1mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 4 Oktas Cumulus humulis, mediocris Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 7.2c Humidity 677.0% Wind Direction W force 3 Barometer 1003.4mb falling Yesterday. Variable cloud overnight, a little showery rain. Sunny spells developing this morning. Further bright spells and brief sunny spells throughout.
  3. The cold, northerly air doesn't want to let go just yet. Southeast England will feel warmer this weekend, away from the rain but it's a mixed weekend coming up. Read the full update here
  4. You know we are in a really dire spell when the Meto have to point out that average temps increase over spring and summer.
  5. SunnyG "I've lost one leg, but it's a far cry from Bob down the road who has *no* legs!" Comparing turds.
  6. SunnyG Then June manages to combine 1990, 1991, 1998, 2012, 2016 all into one.
  7. B87 I think we can manage 23c but probably early June...
  8. Yeah. Tbf, Completely crystal clear skies aren't a necessity. To me, I consider a "clear day" to be simply one that has predominantly sunny weather, and not predominantly cloudy. For example the Saturday two weekends ago that got to 20c. There was some cloud here and there but I'd consider it overall a sunny/clear day.
  9. The reason i'm arguing against that is we can get brilliant sunshine under a high in mid winter with cold upper air.
  10. I'm starting to suffer from MSS (Miserable Spring Syndrome), but I don't know what to call it: 1975, 1983,1996 or 2013!
  11. danm We'll have to agree to disagree then, but it's a well known issue. Same in summer. High pressure but with cool upper air often sees infill problems. When the upper air warms up with pressure still high, you'll often get cloudless conditions.
  12. TonyH That would also include recording sunshine the second the sun is above the horizon, which is not possible using the WMO threshold. You usually lose about 2 hours where the recorder will not detect anything.
  13. CryoraptorA303 Perhaps, but bear in mind only bright sunshine is recorded hence 17 hours in June is the most attainable given a day of unbroken sunshine.
  14. So probably well into June before we see anything warm then. Last year the warmest day of the spring was only 22.7c. This year could be even worse?
  15. Yeh i don't think upper air temps had anything to do with the cloud, that was more to do with the positioning of the high.
  16. northwestsnow all the way from Svalbard in May. Lovely. jamesthemonkeh all the way from Svalbard in May. Lovely.
  17. In Absence of True SeasonsYou read it here first (probably not lmao): May will not be better. If anything, it will be worse.
  18. danm Sure, the centre was, but pressure was still very high over most of the UK. We need to get rid of the cold upper air. The weekend's set up with 850s of say 5-10 would've been much sunnier nationwide.
  19. Today
  20. sorepaw1 Climate is definitely changing. I think people accept that, but some don't think the change is caused by humans. Oh well, that's okay then...
  21. Rain All Night too many charts for my liking . Sorry. Just complicates things in my eyes anyway….
  22. sorepaw1 I don't follow that logic. You've acknowledged that our weather patterns are a world away from what you experienced growing up. Surely that would strengthen the evidence of the effects of climate change?
  1. Load more activity