Problems logging in? ×
Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Another day same old weather.Pretty up another washout with rain starting about 10.45 and finally stopped about4!!Gone to work this morning got soaked again and currently sitting in van waiting for it to stop.Reckon by 11.30 we should have a good 6 hour dry spellNever know a spell of weather like this in 20 years of doing garden maintenance (this current pattern of weather started about mid October 2023 and shows no sign of letting up for at least another 2 weeks!).Really is exceptional in a negative way although at least there won’t be any water restrictions (well the way Thames Water is being run maybe not). Happy Easter everybody and let’s hope we get a nice bit of soon!
  3. Should the 00z suite be correct we will probably already be near average for the Spring by mid month. Nothing short of an exceptional dry spell in the 2nd half stops this from being another above average season for rainfall. Onto summer we go...
  4. The models are real rough for the first 10 days, you've got at least 3-4 fairly significant lows and a fee other weak features. On top of already sodden land suggests pretty high risk of flooding in places probe to it. The only slight benefit is stronger evaporation vs mid winter, but that's not going to overcome already waterlogged grounds and daily rainfall. Hopefully there is a pot of gold waiting beyond this string of lows.
  5. Worth just mentioning I think how remarkable (in a negative way, if you want dry weather!) recent weather patterns have been. Here is the NCEP reanalysis chart for March sea level pressure so far. We're over 10mb below the average. Absolutely ridiculous. At the centre of a giant blob of low. Next, all of February and March combined. Still 8mb below average. It genuinely isn't an exaggeration to say that we've been having probably the most unsettled weather in the entire Northern Hemisphere since the start of February. And since I have a feeling someone would ask for this one if I didn't post it, here is the sea level pressure since the start of July 2023. Again, the UK and Ireland amongst the most unsettled places in the entire Northern Hemisphere. This is why I find it hard to believe this pattern will go on much longer, having had a look at this. We can't keep on being target practice for the most unsettled conditions in the entire Northern Hemisphere. At some point, the larger scale pattern will change. Original post: https://community.netweather.tv/topic/99814-model-output-discussion-22nd-jan-2024-onwards/?do=findComment&comment=5052564
  6. Further showers until around 2200 yesterday evening then dry with clear periods into the early hours. Low St, fog and drizzle arrived from the south by 0630 and although the fog has lifted it's still drizzling now. At 0900 Temp; 5.2c 24 hr max; 7.5c 24 hr min; 2.0c Grass min; -0.6c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0900; 9.0 mm Mean wind speed; 16 mph SE 8 oktas St Vis; 4 miles ( fog above 330 mts ) Intermittent moderate drizzle
  7. I presume this first bit of sunshine will start to pop things up nicely...
  8. Dancerwithwings Poorest winter for snow that I’ve seen here. More than most places but a long way below average. The early December snow event was though one of the best snowfalls I’ve seen here.
  9. Friday 29th March 2024 A few clear spells, a touch of ground frost, also a good deal of cloud at times with showery rain, windy at times. Mainly cloudy some slight drizzle this morning. 24-hour maximum 10.0c 24-hour minimum 2.7c Minimum temperature on grass -0.2c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 36.6 mph SSE Rainfall total = 3.1mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 8 Oktas Stratocumulus. Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 8.5c Humidity 87.6% Wind Direction SSW force 3 Barometer 981.7mb rising Yesterday. Variable cloud overnight, a spell of rain, moderate at times early hours. Sunny spells this morning, breezy. Mainly cloudy, moderate showers breaking out locally by late morning. The afternoon continued with showers, windy.
  10. WYorksWeather 'Some point' may be in 5 years' time, for all we know.
  11. Morning. Looks like a mixed bag ahead, rain, hail, T and L? Nice here for now, just tipped over 7°C, grey and overcast but the sun keeps trying to burst through. We are long overdue a decent dry spell. Man Airport outlook today.
  12. Today
  13. I’ve nothing new to add to this thread this morning but I am posting to say how very enjoyable and interesting I have found this discussion to be. Every member has a slightly different, but equally valid and arguably correct view of the present challenges facing the human race and the various proposed solutions and forecasts are all fascinating to read. My thoughts this morning are that if only we had some people in positions of power around the world who showed even half the intelligence and commitment to a better future for the planet that the people on this website do, we might hope for some really positive action. Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen, is it.
  14. convection is just starting to kick in here. 11.6c rising Humidity: 83% dew point: 10.2c. Looking up north there is some convection although there are some clouds blocking In the photo this is the best picture I have
  15. This is starting to get quite trying now. Any sign of a pattern change on the horizon? A few consecutive days of sunshine with minimal cloud would be great. Doesn’t even have to be warm.
  16. Well the clocks go forward Saturday night, well at least that's one hours less rain....!
  17. Alderc 2.0 By the time we get a pattern change, it will be new years eve again! Lol. Hoping for a 2018 switch around.
  18. more chance of warm Easter maybe next year, April 20th
  19. Good news I only count 8 separate low pressures affecting the uk on this mornings gfs run….yesterday it was 9!
  20. Dry start but the forecast doesn’t offer much hope of it staying that way throughout the day. looking better tomorrow and Sunday although no doubt the weather gods will be leaving no stone unturned to give our region the lions share of any rain on offer but given the relentless crap of the last few months, even a decent two days out of the four would be a good effort, certainly for anyone with outside plans.
  21. Early clear skies replaced with cloud Temp 5.1C, low 3.9C, Barometer 981mb rising, Wind F2 SSW, Rainfall since midnight Nil
  22. UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast
  23. Dry and bright with sunny spells; a low of 4.2 C, now on 5.8 C
  24. Last night was ridiculous. My wife, son and the other kids training at Bedford track had to come in due to a thunderstorm. I had to hide under the ring road in Luton as the squall line came through. Wish I’d recorded it. Like a watered down version of folk hiding from a passing tornado in the states LOL.
  1. Load more activity