Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Reached 23.6°C briefly at 14:45 with mostly sunny skies. It has clouded over now and feels muggier, temp 21.3°C
  3. Lots of new TCu cloud showing over West Midlands and through Wales now. I'd imagine something is going to give shortly.
  4. The 25.3 wasn't official I don't think, perhaps failed qc for some reason, as the Met Office aren't showing it on their extremes feed.
  5. My prediction was 24.6 in Heathrow! Unfortunately I was beaten today and Saturday but I’m amazed I got temp and location for one day at least!
  6. Quite a difference at home compared to a few miles inland where I was, Sunny and warm and must’ve been around 20°C, back at home it’s cloudier and only 14.9°C and appears to be dropping.
  7. Numphties have set another fire going https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-48012193 This is probably just carelessness. However an increasing breeze could be significant.
  8. That 25.3c was being reported in some newspaper/internet sources yesterday.
  9. Point well made Don, I think Mike Poole is seeing a similar scenario. Would be completely amazing if this summer was a repeat of last year! Statistically its unlikely, but like you will be aware, these are not normal times.
  10. Greedy people anyways no doubt the storm shield will power up over Sheffield during Tuesday evening and Wednesday.
  11. Today
  12. Only showers are over the southern Ireland and northern France at the moment. However we've certainly got the high level cloud here making the sun hazy.
  13. Sunny Sheffield at 8.1C +0.4C above normal. Rainfall unchanged.
  14. Convective initiation in a couple of places around Central and Southern Wales by the looks of satellite imagery.
  15. Surely that's down to individual preference? I understand why folk like a hot long summer but a wet Summer for me would be much more bearable,less heat,less hayfever. We are all different,not weird or strange just different.
  16. Should easily get over 9c by the 23rd at this rate, but could we see much of a drop in the last week I wonder? Probably not.
  17. I very much doubt it’s gonna be very wet. It’s false hope anyways for people who want it to be wet. CFS models, which get slated but have recently been very accurate have mid to late May, June and July looking fantastic, August warm and wet, September warm and October relatively warm. A lot has changed since 2007 anyways. That was a once in a generational event. Heatwaves are far more likely than mass floods in the summer nowadays
  18. Its only got up to 17.8 midday today. Was cloudy this morningt, but sun is out now in force now. The humidity today has been around the 69% mark and the ESE beeze has picked up to 11mph keeping the temp down to 16c.
  19. The high res sat image at midday and the upper and medium cloud showing up on the Camborne sounding And potentially unstable from 3000-10,000 ft?
  20. Exactly, the current weather seems to be a carbon copy of this time last year. In fact, the CFS v2 summer forecast almost looks a carbon copy of last year, too! May and June in particular look very warm/hot and dry with July potentially pretty good, also. August perhaps not so good, but that’s a long way off anyway.
  21. I'm back! I had a great caravan holiday, last one until I go abroad for the first ever in my case, in October (Fuetreventura)! What luck we had with the weather this time round, with every day cloudless and at least ~20c! Last time we went on holiday, it was sunny in East Sussex, but Damp and miserable in Winchester, where we were located... How is everyone today? still recovering from the inevitable chocolate hangover? I still have quite a bit of chocolate to munch my way through, thank god for a fast metabolism & ADHD, eh? I find it nearly impossible to put on any sort of weight, especially when combined with my love of footy. My chocolate hangover will probably bite me tomorrow, when I start to eat healthily & get back into the school routine. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day, and enjoying the last of the guaranteed dry weather. Regards, Adam. (L.L.)
  22. Yes Karl things more unsettled for perhaps 10 days, before I think pressure rises and things become warmer and more settled. So perhaps rather than some saying... Make the most of the next 2 days, it should be, make the most of the next 10 day's rainfall, because we are staring down the barrel of a long dry spring and even drier long summer!! Another 4+ months of many fine and very warm spells me thinks
  23. A lot more cloud around today so sunny intervals rather than sunny. Warm though and noticeably more humid than previous days.
  1. Load more activity