Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Haven't been on for a while, just got back from Cyprus though last night at about 1am in Bristol airport. Weather there was sunny and hot most days, but one day had some very loud thunderstorms in the morning. Good welcome back to the UK also with a warm and sunny Easter!
  3. To much panic going on folks with water shortages.... Its still April! And has we no, we can experience a months rainfall in a few days here in the UK. It's probably best not to wish this fine spell away just yet, especially when you take a look at some of the miserable summers over the last few years! If the worse comes to the worst, we always have the North Sea to tap into, if ya don't mind your water a bit oily and salty!! Cause I doubt Europe would even send us bottled water with this naff brexit deal.... So if we get any rain let's just hope it comes during the overnight periods!!! At least 10 more fine days away from the NW if you ask me.... And yes even this could be extended.... Let's enjoy it folks!
  4. Agreed lower than average - though still in the 80%'s range for a lot of reservoirs in that area. Again in context look at March 2018 and the levels were fairly similar and we know what an exceptional summer followed. I still think it'd take something special this summer to affect EA - I could be wrong
  5. Funny how no-one's queuing-up to call those involved in Operation Shutdown 'spineless' or 'snowflakes' or whatever! https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/17/dozens-anti-knife-protesters-block-westminster-bridge-9239798/
  6. What’s with all the haze? Lovely and warm though. Rather concerned about the breeze affecting our balloon flight later.
  7. Can it ever be too early for heat storms? EA could certainly do with one or two of those, right now!
  8. Ronnie O'Sullivan will face Blackpool amateur James Cahill in the first round of the World Championship Defending champion Mark Williams faces Martin Gould World number 2 Mark Selby will play Zhao Xintong whilst Judd Trump faces Thepchaiya Un-Nooh This years winner will collect a record £500,000
  9. 7.4c to the 17th 0.2 above the 61 to 90 average 0.4 below the 81 to 10 average _______________________________ Current high this month 8.1c to the 1st Current low this month 5.9c to the 4th
  10. The 6z op stays warm next week, somewhere would reach 21c or higher..that's very impressive for late April if it happens..increasing risk of thundery showers as it becomes more humid from the south.
  11. So here we are, getting into Thursday, and the only threat of rainfall seems to be from thundery stuff coming from the South. Along with possibly even warmer uppers:
  12. There’s just no stopping that Eastern UK/Scandinavian High Pressure system at the moment. (And the same is the case from the 06Z GFS at 144 hours, where it looks mostly warm and settled). Nothing can seem to stand in the High’s way - including the Atlantic Lows!
  13. Today
  14. Day 4 protests still going in the city of London. Traffic still backed up three people in court as we speak laughing and pleading not guilty. never got that willing to go to jail for their actions but then plead not guilty. No backbone.
  15. For many it's looking good, really good according to the Gfs 6z operational for easter.. a taste of summer in mid spring..what's not to like about that?
  16. One ought never put a Special K in one's cornflakes, Matt! No signs of any rain, according to Monday's prediction?
  17. This sounds like bad news to me as this cold blob/NAWH is likely to make any cold spells even more difficult for us to achieve.
  18. Literally dropped my bowl of kornflakes when I read this, then i realised UKMO only runs out to day 6....all good though....
  19. And, with the possible exception of Lewis/Harris, Saturday's synoptics look absolutely perfect:
  20. Historically significant cold outbreak forecast for south-west Western Australia tomorrow! BoM forecasting snow on the Stirling Ranges ( 1095m asl ). The only known instance of April snow in Western Australia was in 1970. In winter, it only happens once or twice and sometimes not all. There will be no shortage of snow chasers on Friday night hoping to capture what could be a very rare event. Also potential for lowest April maximum temperature recorded in Western Australia on Friday ( 10.0c is the number to beat ). Sunday will start with a sharp out-of-season frost. Perth's forecast minimum of 5 goes within 1c of the record April low, set in 1914.
  21. Thanks Mark, ^^^^ that's brilliant. I'll get those entered up. Regards, Tom.
  22. Fairly cloudy at the moment but was like this yesterday then come the afternoon it was glorious. Just hold on in there as they say
  1. Load more activity