Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. CoventryWeather You just know it'll stay for months now. We can't get a single sunny month, or even a 2 week spell of sun now (something that would be expected in spring).
  3. Even if somehow seeding was involved, it’s not going to create the instability provided to make the storms happen, it would just add to their intensity slightly. It also doesn’t account for the thundery outbreaks in other countries in that region of the world. Simply, it’s a convective spell of weather due to unstable weather patterns. It’s so frustrating seeing the comments on the DM site (what else can you expect) just spout absolute nonsense over things they know nothing about. Copious mentions of Lynmouth when a basic understanding of a synoptic chart and convection dispels the theory entirely. These theories keep persisting because people don’t understand the facts so it’s easy for them to assign it to whatever their enemy is. Happens all the time even with non weather related things. Rant over. The rain in some of those videos really was monstrous though, just sheets of it cascading down. I’d love to know the rainfall rates. The amount that must have fell to cause the water to forcefully destroy buildings like that is enormous. The videos of Lamborghinis plowing through floodwaters couldn’t be more telling of our situation really. All the material riches don’t mean a thing when the earth itself is against you!
  4. CoventryWeather zero confidence in others projections. All I know is these patterns are difficult to shift and when the do the usual herald a return of a westerly unsettled pattern. To be honest I don’t know why I care, I won’t even be here thankfully.
  5. Lovely morning, lots of sunshine. Despite it being chilly it feels warm in the sun.
  6. Cloud seeding wouldn’t have caused this deluge…. What is cloud seeding and did it cause Dubai flooding? WWW.BBC.CO.UK Dubai has been hit by record floods, sparking misleading speculation about cloud seeding.
  7. Alderc 2.0 it has been the last week, certainly here. Quite a few outside jobs done
  8. Alderc 2.0 I doubt this pattern will last much longer, perhaps late April early May we will see a change to heights to our south or over us. Like others have mentioned May seems to have a low pressure anomaly to our south west and heights over us/Europe. That's expected most of summer.
  9. If cloud seeding was so successful, why isn’t it used more? Answer. Because it’s very unreliable!
  10. Don’t blame cloud seeding for the Dubai floods | Extreme weather | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Questions have swirled online about the process being behind the historic rainfall – but experts say it’s not the real culprit The authorities are adamant they weren't cloud seeding at the time. I would also doubt it is effective enough to cause 254mm of rain!
  11. reef and yet others will claim it’s perfectly usable weather…
  12. Winter 2010 without a doubt. Coldest and snowiest though nowhere near as good further south, especially once we got to February, but up north it was a very harsh winter, I think it may have been the most severe in Scotland since 1963 or at least on a par with 1979. Spring 2016 because it was variable. March had some wintriness early on, then a long nice anticyclonic spell and then very stormy at the end. April had the cold end. May was quite nice though nothing to write home about. There was a very beautiful day on the 9th when we got up to about 25C. Summer 2011 because it was often cool but not with the floods of 2012 and I do remember some very severe thunderstorms on the 28th of June. Very comfortable summer with only one notable hot spell coming at the end of June. Autumn 2016 because it was such a beautiful season that really highlighted the best of each month and had beautiful colours, the most vibrant I’ve ever seen. September was interesting for the heat and storms, October was often pleasant and November felt like a proper old school affair with limited mild weather and while mostly dry it did have some stormy weather on the 20th too. Unfortunately the winter that followed was far less pleasant. Add a December 2010 to the end to classify as winter and the year would be even better! That would make a funny ole year though, generally average to below average conditions persisting but with a very warm September.
  13. Dancerwithwings Yeah, it's stunning atm, isn't it! With all of the rain giving us rich, verdant greens, having bright sunshine on it all is nigh on perfect! My lawn is looking very good...
  14. Looks like temps recover as we head into may but unsettled with it more rain
  15. I hadn't looked at the models for a couple of days and couldn't believe how poor it looked when I checked this morning. Its just constant easterlies with a trough to the south right out until May. Most days here don't get into double figures. It takes until 3rd May to hit 12C in fact. Not to mention it'll be raw, often wet and with little sunshine. Mild, wet and dull to cold, wet and dull. Not the change I would have asked for!
  16. LetItSnow! "Novel" is not the word I'd use to describe a climate where 9 months of the year is effectively the same weather, and you can get a warmer day max temp on a winter solstice than a summer solstice of the same year, haha. Adjectives that I think are more appropriate, include: Godforsaken Woeful Seasonless Capricious Rage-inducing
  17. Weather Enthusiast91 Wore my scary today too and had my hood up!
  18. LetItSnow! I know what you’re saying, there were indeed hints of spring like daffodils coming out, and birdsong on a few days etc but all things considered, it just wasn’t spring like overall… not this side of the country anyway. Maybe different in London, which wouldn’t surprise me. For me it’s considering things like light levels which were equivalent to October, rainfall and frequency of Tm airmasses which were more typical of October, and the temperature profile which was often typical of October. A zonal spell in March, while I’d expect to be quite stormy, I’d also expect to be a lot brighter and not so balmy. Indeed, some of the weather this March felt more akin to October/November.
  19. Whilst the nagging wind is a bit on the cool side, both Tuesday and Wednesday were lovely days. Really feeling warm (ish) in the early afternoon with some shelter. Maxes of 13c and 12c. Ground is drying up well. I sympathise with those in the East who will have had enough of cool cloudy weather if an easterly develops. However for me in the West it should be fairly sunny and pleasant.
  20. Today
  21. A dry night with long clear periods and a sunny start to this morning. At 0800 g.m.t Temp; 7.1c 24 hr max; 10.3c 24 hr min; 0.9c Grass min; -1.0c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0800 g.m.t; 1.4mm Mean wind speed; 9 mph W 1 okta Ci Vis; 40 miles
  22. Times reports that 'cloud seeding' by the authorities may be partly to blame.
  23. Good Morning All, a fresh, sunny start to the day, with little or no chance of rain, it must be Spring today! The overnight low of 2.4°C at: 06:27 has crept up to 9.0°C, RH76% with a light breeze from the N, with a ew clouds at an altitude of 2,500 ft. From Above On Golden Sands, perfect conditions if you are crossing the channel in a small boat
  24. Lovely start to the day here. Absolutely clear blue skies and ample sunshine. Bit chilly so not perfect, but much better than most of the last 10 months or so.
  25. Rush2019 yes, strange, we had a bit of rain last night after a dry day. Dry and bright this morning but quite chilly early. I have to attend a funeral later and hope the rain stays away until after the service.
  1. Load more activity