Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Got down to -1.6°C Typical that it would cloud up on what is suppose to be the sunniest of the two weekend days.
  3. Yep Solly a real cracker.. However was shocked to see the temp had dropped to -1.2C at 06:00, in my backyard. MIA
  4. Another really stunning start to the day locally, bright and sunny. At least we're seeing some more sunshine these last few days, albeit with April showers thrown in.
  5. Hi clouds moved in after a sunny start though it’s still much better than rain
  6. Someone’s definitely getting sacked from the Department of Cloud Seeding & Weather Interference..!
  7. The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here
  8. A totally sunny day and a Crewe Alex win this afternoon v Wrexham to confirm their place in their playoffs would do nicely. However, already signs of it clouding over after a gorgeous start and not holding my breath on the Alex.
  9. I remember Atlantic 252 that was on the 18Z as well, could be proper grim. Still we’ve got sunshine this morning although it’s really fresh outside! Could be the first day of the year to get to 10hours for sunshine - tragically late if that is the case.
  10. Abstract Here, we show that the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM) provides a stronger constraint on equilibrium climate sensitivity (ECS), the global warming from increasing greenhouse gases, after accounting for temperature patterns. Feedbacks governing ECS depend on spatial patterns of surface temperature (“pattern effects”); hence, using the LGM to constrain future warming requires quantifying how temperature patterns produce different feedbacks during LGM cooling versus modern-day warming. Combining data assimilation reconstructions with atmospheric models, we show that the climate is more sensitive to LGM forcing because ice sheets amplify extratropical cooling where feedbacks are destabilizing. Accounting for LGM pattern effects yields a median modern-day ECS of 2.4°C, 66% range 1.7° to 3.5°C (1.4° to 5.0°C, 5 to 95%), from LGM evidence alone. Combining the LGM with other lines of evidence, the best estimate becomes 2.9°C, 66% range 2.4° to 3.5°C (2.1° to 4.1°C, 5 to 95%), substantially narrowing uncertainty compared to recent assessments. https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.adk9461
  11. Today
  12. A dry, clear and chilly night which came close to an air frost. A clear and sunny start to the day with a cool N breeze. At 0800 g.m.t Temp; 5.7c 24 hr max; 11.8c 24 hr min; 0.3c Grass min; -2.1c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0800 g.m.t; 1.5 mm Mean wind speed; 12 mph N 1 okta Ac lenticularis and Ci Vis; 40 miles
  13. I remember Atlantic 252 that strip of the lowest temperatures is in line with an area of rain.
  14. Another clear blue, sunny start to the day here. Last few days, despite being a tad on the fresh side, have been pretty decent overall really for mid April. Nout wrong with a NW’er here. More please but cut the breeze!
  15. Spring has suddenly turned very cold in these parts. Last weekend sitting outside and drinking beer in warm sunshine. So far this morning 17cm of fresh snowfall and temp - 1c. Great for snow farming up on the berg. C
  16. Had Worse I'm off up your way in a bit, I fancy a hike up Lantern Pike and muffin in Hayfield. these sunny dry days are precious.
  17. -0.1c the low so an air frost. Drier than of late but still cool and uninspiring. Garden at the new house very slow to get going in terms of growth.
  18. @Rush2019 great photos. The last one looks like the sun from Telly Tubbies is going to pop up.
  19. Thought I’d get up to see the sunshine before the expected cloud starts to block it out across this part of the region. it’s a lovely morning so far though with a good coating of frost on the usual prone surfaces.
  20. It certainly wakes you up outside. Lovely clear cloudless sunrise, and a layer to scrape off the car. Make the most of it, enjoy the day.
  21. Dry and chilly witg clear skies. TEmp 2.2C, low 1.9C, Barometer 1026mb rising slowly, Wind F2 NNW, Rainfall Nil
  22. Good Morning. Chilly start -0.3°C, Macc Forest -1°C. There's a slight layer of frost on the bird table. Lovely clear skies currently, 5.35am.
  1. Load more activity