Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Quite a chilly month with a lot of blocking, potentially our first below average CET month. 10.8C and 45mm.
  3. Damp start god know where that came from though day has improved to sunshine and patchy cloud ,notable feature is how cool it is even with the strong sunshine
  4. Why is it that is starts off nice and sunny, for it then cloud over and go completely overcast by midday? It then goes sunny again in the evening, just as the sun starts to set.
  5. TonyH my dad lives in Wales he said it's been decent, here in the east it's constant grey cloud and drizzle with a horrible northerly breeze, really grim. raz.org.rain how many times have we seen this though and it fizzle out. Given up hope to be honest just can't see it
  6. Something to be hopeful for. Hints of a southeasterly flow going into May. We mustn't forget that the models have seen some massive u-turns even within the reliable timeframe.
  7. 6C at 2PM is very impressive given the time of year. We hardly saw that in the winter lol. Barring today, this cool spell has been very pleasant. Most days were sunny and dry, with max temps around 9-12C.. reminds me a lot of April 2021. Next week looks the complete opposite, with mild rain on it's way. How exciting,
  8. richie3846 You can almost guarantee a drought within the next year or 2, the last drought here 27 day long last Summer, quite recent. midlandsun come to West Wales p!enty of sun past week and no measurable rain over a week!
  9. B87 those temps look optimistic. Models don’t support high teens at the moment. Oh look it’s raining again, actually quite heavy and the skies are slate grey again….
  10. Just about given up with the weather now, same old same old. Starts quite bright and pleasantish, then 10am the cloud rolls in. Rinse and repeat, day after day after bloody day. Absolutely sick to the back teeth of it. No one smiles anymore, everyone just completely fed up in this dire miserable little island.
  11. raz.org.rain 2018 turned at the start of May. There is no sign of anything changing in the first half of May this year. Yet another cold and cloudy day, currently 11c.
  12. This all has hints of 2018 for me. I remember how long I had to wait for any signs of real warmth and felt absolutely defeated when we had late season snow (can't remember when it was exactly but I remember it was unusually late for here). Of course, the summer that followed turned things around.
  13. Penicuikblizzard Yes there was a short but sharp graupel shower in St Andrews around Midday. 7c/2c currently.
  14. 9.9c to the 24th 2.0c above the 61 to 90 average 1.8c above the 81 to 10 average
  15. I’m landing into DFW just after lunchtime on Saturday and under a 15% hatched area at the moment close to the 30% hatched area. Im going for a work trip but tempted to hire a car straight from the airport…..although with this I would be extremely nervous given this situation looks like it could be pretty serious. Given the big 30% hatched area I don’t see how this doesn’t end up at least a moderate threat assuming the modelling holds firm.
  16. 1978 was also similar slightly cooler at overall 14.4c don't remember how wet it was though. interestingly the period 1902-1922 had 7 summers that sit in the top 30 coldest summers in the records obviously 1913 doesn't make it Addicks Fan 1981 1993 sits at 112 coldest..in my lifetime the top 3 coldest summers are 1972 (too young to remember) at 23 on the list and 1977 at 38 and 1978 at 41.
  17. danm The temps on that forecast look better than the 12-16c on mine. But I'd expect a few 20c days with mostly partly cloudy and dry days at this time of year. No sign of anything settled anytime soon.
  18. Considering the May average is about 18c for London, temperature wise we look OK next week according to this with 17c to 19c. The problem is it also looks pretty unsettled...
  19. Alderc 2.0 I'd also expect the majority of days at this time of year to be partly cloudy, rather than a sheet of grey with a 10 minute spell of sun. We had clearer skies in January, the 2nd dullest month of the year.
  20. B87 yes getting to the time of year now where for large parts of E+W getting to 20C should really take a lot of effort. Apart from the odd day most places struggling at 10-14C. Really disappointing.
  21. Here's an absolute joke of a forecast going into May. Extreme dullness, wet and only a handful of days approaching average. Will feel more like October than May with the complete lack of sun.
  22. MP-R more to come as well. Where’s the expanding Hadley cell
  23. B87 weather doesn't follow neat organised plans, even if we don't like it. There was average sunshine last year for most, and it's only April, with 3 out of 4 months below average. Let's see where we are at the end of the year. Still 8 months to go, and as last year showed, a poor spring didn't cause a below average year in terms of sunshine. Rain tends to go up and down in broader patterns. We'll have another dry spell soon enough.
  24. Good to see a greening of the Iberian peninsula following the abundance of cool wet weather down there so far this year.
  25. ArcticBrit Ah the rare sight of blue skies ...
  1. Load more activity