Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. reef it's all so confusing. I did a comparison between raw figures and met office climate summary maps. They definitely tweak the numbers upwards for the maps.
  3. B87 We ended up on 1682 hours and similarly, June was responsible for the biggest uplift as it was 62 hours above normal. Strangely, January was the second largest positive anomaly with 103 hours against the average of 61 hours. SunSeanI'd just do the corrections backwards, so the older figures are corrected to match the current automatic recorders!
  4. reef Yeah all very confusing! Would be ideal if the weather stations adjusted the figures themselves.
  5. AWD Always 10 days away! Be lucky if we even get a decent September at this rate.
  6. SunSean If I remember correctly its in the 6-11% range, with an average of around 10% - which was the initial correction applied, but it is a bit more specific now. Basically, the newer Kipp and Zonen automatic sensors have a standard WMO threshold of 120 Wm-2, but the older Campbell stokes manual recorders burned the measuring paper at anywhere from 106-285 Wm-2 (A. Kerr and R. Tabony: 'Comparison of sunshine recorded by Campbell-Stokes and automatic sensors' (Weather, April 2004, vol. 59,90-95).
  7. Tuesday 23rd April 2024 Light rain eventually stopped last evening leaving a night with variable cloud. A few bright spells this morning, turning overcast after mid morning. 24-hour maximum 9.0c 24-hour minimum 4.5c Minimum temperature on grass 1.4c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 5.0 mph W Rainfall total = 3.3mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 8 Oktas Stratocumulus Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 8.7c Humidity 78.3% Wind Direction NNW force 2-3 Barometer 1023.9mb falling Yesterday. Turning cloudy overnight. Light to moderate rain setting in around dawn. Light rain continuing this morning, feeling cold. Light rain continued for much of the day, cold.
  8. baddie To be fair May 2023 here had us in the low-mid 20s, this spell has been leagues below that one.
  9. The good news is that it's finally stopped raining (for the moment) and started brightening up a bit, the bad news is that there's now a howling and cold N / NE wind on the coast.
  10. Today
  11. A nice start here to what should be a bank holiday. Decent forecast too. Enjoy
  12. I just hope we don't have an absence of a happy middle ground between this dross and the inevitable "Unpleasant 35C+ from nowhere heatwave" that we will inevitably get in the summer.
  13. A bit cloudier than forecast but at least it's remaining dry this side of the Pennines for the next few days, although it's now back to feeling bitterly cold under the overcast skies in the NEly wind. Hoping that some-time over the next few weeks the first of the Spanish Plume's brings some warmer temps and thunderstorm potential.
  14. Bats32 This Spring reminds me of what Spring was in the 70's and 80's. There was an expectation that cooler weather and frost risks could continue right into May. Personally, I love it but there are obviously other views out there. The pattern looks to be somewhat stuck. It makes it interesting in terms of seeing where it goes from here and the models appear to be struggling with that.
  15. And still it is raining! and the wind up again. The spinning on a coin is what is driving me mad, there’s no possibility of consistency in temperature. No one expects consistency in weather. Rain, sun, wind from one day to another in this country is a given, but is it too much to expect at this time of year some levelling out of temperature? Yes, May next week! Am resorting to reading the model threads to see when the jet stream might feel like shifting….am I losing my sanity?
  16. The amount of times over the past few months there’s been “signs of a change in a couple of weeks”! If only I were a betting man…….
  17. raz.org.rain Not on the most recent models...
  18. Another grey, cloudy & dull start to the day here. Completely overcast and feeling cool. Feels colder than yesterday despite being dry today.
  19. The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here
  20. Yes, pleasant blue sky dry start, 6.8°C 8am. I'm still putting my heating on first thing to take out the early morning chill, is everybody else getting by with any heating on yet?
  21. B87 I know what you mean, green green grass in July is not a good sight if you like hot summery weather. I love it when everything is lush and green in May and early June but would be quite happy if it didn’t rain from then to mid September.
  22. When I got up at 06.00 and saw gloom, mist and felt invizdriz as I popped out to the bin I thought oh no here we go again! Thankfully it’s cleared nicely in the last half hour and we look set for a sunny spells day.
  1. Load more activity