Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. B87 yes, not so difficult in the summer really, especially where each month is now above 20c as a baseline. Very cool months in the summer are not achievable like they are in the winter. December 2010 events in the summer aren't on the cards at all. We aren't set up for an evenly balanced 4 months of over 200 hours of sun each month. It's not our climate.
  3. 5°C here right now. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to wake on up 6th May to 2°C and heavy wet snow falling.
  4. richie3846 Temperature still needs to average above 20c though, and almost every year we get the 4 months of 20c. You'd expect to see some Septembers and Junes averaging below 20c, yet they are nowhere near as common as a sub 200 hour May-Aug.
  5. B87 B87 not really comparable. Sun is on and off, binary when it comes to recording it. Temperature isn't binary. There's no comparison here, they are totally different.
  6. In Absence of True Seasons Oh Crystal clear skies are very importamt. Never wanna see another speck of that tosh for the rest of summer! Unless it's bringing me thunder ...
  7. We average 4 months with highs above 20c, and usually never have any trouble getting those 4 months most years. When it comes to the 4 months above 200 sun hours... nowhere to be seen.
  8. *Stormforce~beka* It’s not as simple as that. You’ve got to consider airmass source, high or low pressure, time of year etc.
  9. MP-R Huh but I thought colder air was meant to be better for clear skies? ... SunnyG They've been saying itll change for hte past 2 months lol
  10. danm Indeed, although convective infill isn’t a feature of winter months.
  11. In Absence of True Seasons No we don't we don't get it at all. Been over 3 months now ... Ridiculous
  12. danm It was here and it's been ripped away from me!! Why does that happen!!?!
  13. SunnyG Yeah haha it says it all about our climate when the Meto are visibly embarrassed of it.
  14. Azazel And it looks like we will be very lucky to get 30 hours of sun from the first week of May. I mentioned yesterday that if we have a 200 hour sun deficit by the start of June, then we will need a repeat of summer 2022, plus a 230 hour September (which would be the sunniest on record), just to get back to the running average. Hopefully we get a dry, sunny October with an average high of 20c to make up for the lack of spring-like weather in the actual spring.
  15. B87 yes, I'm writing off May and the remainder of spring now as we know how long these patterns take to shift. That's 2 months down from what I describe as the "warmer and lighter" half of the year (April - September) . April and May used to be my favourite months of the year because the nights are drawing out rapidly, plants are in bloom and you get those first lovely warm spring days. Not anymore lol. Might even be my new least favourite part of the year because there is something so irredeemably cruel and foul about having to endure this ghastly extension of Winter right up until summer.
  16. I don't want to see anyone cheering for a SSW to ruin spring ever again. 2 in a row now. Hopefully 2025 will be more seasonal regarding rainfall and sunshine.
  17. Dorsetbredstained glass windowing stained glass windowity stained glass window stained glass window feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeckk
  18. Thursday 25th April 2024 Clear spells overnight, frost forming,clouding over shortly after dawn. A good deal of cloud to start, sunny intervals developing around mid morning. Turning mostly cloudy towards late morning with the odd light shower around. 24-hour maximum 10.8c 24-hour minimum -0.2c Minimum temperature on grass -2.7c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 11.6 mph NE Rainfall total = 0.1mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 4 Oktas Cumulus humulis, mediocris Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 7.2c Humidity 677.0% Wind Direction W force 3 Barometer 1003.4mb falling Yesterday. Variable cloud overnight, a little showery rain. Sunny spells developing this morning. Further bright spells and brief sunny spells throughout.
  19. The cold, northerly air doesn't want to let go just yet. Southeast England will feel warmer this weekend, away from the rain but it's a mixed weekend coming up. Read the full update here
  20. You know we are in a really dire spell when the Meto have to point out that average temps increase over spring and summer.
  21. SunnyG "I've lost one leg, but it's a far cry from Bob down the road who has *no* legs!" Comparing turds.
  1. Load more activity