Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. SunSean Agree. We basically skip Spring in such set-ups (Spring here meaning something actually different, more useable and more pleasant than the winter weather prior), and get a 2-month minimum extension of December-like dross. Exactly the same as last year. I wouldn't be surprised if most of May is cool and cloudy and then out of nowhere we get the week-long heatwave in June with zero transition or steady shift to summery weather. Sure, May *might* be better, but the start of it certainly won't be, and by that point, we've wasted away most of Spring already. May is the final third of Spring and the latter half sort of bleeds into summer anyway (or it should, at least), so the time for high Spring is well past. Getting 17c-20c days in May isn't some grand feat or sign of a major pattern shift tbh. It's very expected weather in May especially for the SE. Such days I expected here and there during April too.
  3. ...we just need higher pressure. Things like infill, or clouding over, or afternoon showers will keep happening whilst we have relatively low pressure in charge. We need a solid high at or above 1025-1030mb. We haven't had that for any length of time since early January.
  4. Dare i watch the GFS 06Z I'm sure the polar bears will love the HP. Don't worry about us all in Northern Europe stuck under another month of cloudy, cool, wet dross lol
  5. Stabilo19 Because the new sunshine sensor under reports, so cant be compared to old data, or other locations in the UK or Europe.
  6. 2 / 3 hours of sun this morning and now in comes the cloud, like clockwork. No doubt it'll all clear again this evening after dinner-tine lol. We genuinely need the starts to align in this country to get an actually sunny, or even mostly sunny day. Utterly infuriating.
  7. B87 why do raw sunshine values need to be corrected?
  8. Another clear blue start to 100% overcast by 10am. Worst climate ever!
  9. Up here in Tromsø it’s been incredibly sunny the last weeks. Dry easterlies but fairly cold. Maximum temp so far this year was on 10th April at 7.8°C, but the last week temps have struggled to reach 3°C during the day and fall well below freezing overnight. Still over 60cm snow in the garden but roads are clear now thankfully. View from the office today
  10. Derecho I'm sure that's coming our way. Forecast is for some rain later.
  11. danm Meanwhile here it is drizzly and only 6C
  12. Well a proper sunny morning! Shame it won’t last though…
  13. Today
  14. Walked out with Sophie and she was excited. Look mummy pure blue sky. That's how rare it is here ... Even my child notices!
  15. Walked out with Sophie and she was excited. Look mummy pure blue sky. That's how rare it is here ... Even my child notices!
  16. Sunnyish start to the day. XC Weather forecasting that it will stay like this all day, whilst the Met Office says moderate rain from lunchtime onward. Jeez, how can they be so far apart in forecasting something that will happen in 3 hours?!
  17. I mean, it could be worse, it could be battering down all day. Light rain on the dog walk this morning, but hat and gloves on. They're usually collecting dust already at this time of year.
  18. Yes exactly, I just don’t understand why the Met Office only publish the raw figures but not the corrected ones. Without that calculation you can never really know the exact actual sunshine hours for a particular location, unless you look at the anomaly maps which give a percentage range.
  19. Looking at the Sat image and the direction of cloud travel, there are a few breaks. If there's one saving grace, the forecast has overdone cloud amounts for the last few days here and it's broken more than expected.
  20. A dry night with long clear periods until well into the early hours. Clouding over before dawn with an occasional spot of showery rain. At 0800 g.m.t Temp; 6.6c 24 hr max; 8.2c 24 hr min; 0.8c Grass min; -2.6c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0800 g.m.t; Trace Mean wind speed; 13 mph W 6 oktas Cu, Sc and Ac Vis; 15 miles
  21. While today feels cold for late April, with a touch of frost first thing in some places, it's a far cry from the icy freeze of the 1981 blizzard. Read the full update here
  22. So anything mild now appears to have been pushed back until early next week at best. 5/6c overnight isn't a problem but when it only rises to 7/8c during the day it feels just as cold. On a different note, just watched the met-office online forecast (for the first time) and apparently -3 in England in late April is 'nothing unusual'.
  23. richie3846 As I said in the sunshine thread, that calculation won't work for Brize Norton or other stations. Every station, annoyingly has their own percentage of under-reporting. Some of the absolute worst stations for recording sunshine way under- Herstmonceux, Wakefield, Almondbury etc Poor under reporting of sunshine- Heathrow, Charlwood etc A touch under actual value- Shoeburyness, Leconfield etc Close to normal- Manston, Brize Norton, Tibenham etc
  24. Dare i watch the GFS 06Z "But...but...but the SSW will be different this time guys!" There's no other way around it- SSW = Sudden Spring Wrecker. We don't get a Spring if we get an SSW. The earliest we can expect ANY kind of settled sunny weather would be late May now but it's still a roll of the dice depending on all this crap northern blocking nonsense so we may just get the dullest year ever, time will tell!
  1. Load more activity