Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Bright sunshine now I'm back home. Its gone very dark to my North, something is developing
  3. A Face like Thunder here in the east of the town we’ve been having intermittent bursts of hail!
  4. Cheshire Freeze very strange, I was returning home in Crewe and could see some really black clouds and precipitation in the distance, but we have had no rain or wind in this part of Crewe so far. Obviously extremely localised and, with black clouds all around, I'm not sure we're going to stay dry.
  5. Still managing to avoid the showers somehow which is what I wanted to keep it dry here, but they did look quite threatening to my east about half hour ago.
  6. Andy Bown It's 1600 now and the showers are still following the same NNW-SSE path. Been watching them all day. Almost unbroken sun through the day here in Portishead but probably a persistently showery day for those 15-20 miles to the east.
  7. Chris.R dry here as well, bar a couple of light showers late morning. However, a lot of dark clouds around and actually a bit surprised that we have not caught a hefty downpour so far.
  8. I've just been thinking the hail now looks more realistic vs. what it was like this morning:-) Thanks very much for the quick response! True about the graupel. I've had several instances of graupel from only moderate showers yesterdsay (<4dBz). The hail product in the past (over a year ago) would not detect these and would only show hail with the strongest cores (32dBz+ based what I remember). If it now detects hail even from weak cores (or over hills where it's more likely like in the situation today) that would be a major improvement. Haven't had any hail where I live today, but look forward to what it shows when there is some hail/graupel.
  9. In more positive news, as @WYorksWeather explained nicely yesterday, such late SSW conditions provide the potential for a much warmer and drier summer. Personally I really wouldn't be surprised if we see a 2018 style turnaround from a nondescript spring to a legend of a summer.
  10. Daniel* I think those who have went for a CET in the high 9s should be getting more optimistic now, though any guesses below 9.5C, 9.4C still seems unlikely.
  11. They did, a warmer version of what we got in the SE over the weekend. But much colder now.
  12. Just had quite large hail , bits were about 5 pence sized and others more pea sized
  13. danm danm AHH okay thats a slight bit of comfort, I saw eastern Europe were recording high 20's the other day
  14. In fact, picking a bunch of Central European destinations and it looks worse than the UK: ….and then London:
  15. The mad hail reached here now. Looks like more might be incoming in the next hourish. 20240416_152147.mp4
  16. Yep there’s a chain of cells headed down the coast ,some are in for a soaking
  17. Landed in Zurich this afternoon. It’s chilly, breezy, about 11c currently. Tomorrow is showery with a high of 9c. It’s not just us Brits going through a cold snap.
  18. Richard27 We've actually been tuning the hail side this afternoon, so it's tightened up a fair bit in the last hour or so - bear in mind that at this time of year it's also going to be picking up soft hail/graupel etc. In terms of doppler style data etc, unfortunately although the radar network is doppler enabled, there is no USA type doppler data available from the Met Office. That may change in the future, but in fairness it's something we've been asking about for years and there don't seem to be any plans to make it available commercially. Mapantz Lol, last I heard you weren't getting notifications at all, it's hard to keep up! I'll log it as a potential bug and see what we can find.
  19. Looks like streamer is moving over me... Very heavy cell to my north... had lightning half an hour ago... let's see what happens.
  20. Cheshire Freeze it was pretty wild yes, not sure if you are aware but there was a 'tornado' that hit Knutton near Stoke from that same squall line yesterday morning. No damage where we were but lots of pink lightning and very strong gusts with hail. Didn't last long though, maybe 15 mins max before it moved away
  21. Today
  22. No sign of anything above 15 degrees heading into May, utterly pathetic. I hate this country, look at the continent and they are getting mid 20's now and this depressing little island is still struggling to put anything remotely mild on the table.
  23. Turquoise The winds were something else here under that squall. Things literally bent horizontal for a brief period. If it had lasted any longer than it did there would have been a lot of damage (trees were already blown down as it was).
  1. Load more activity