Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports July 09'

NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Heres a few pics i took about an hour ago of a small storm that had passed. sorry about the photos there taken off my phone.

post-9214-1246978535_thumb.jpgpost-9214-1246978566_thumb.jpg

post-9214-1246978590_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

A couple of storms to report today. The first around 3pm was quite active electrically. The second was more characterised by the torrential rain - 23.8mm. The total for the last 24hrs is 31mm which is probably as much as we have had in the last 2-3 months! The grass won't be quite as brown next week!

Posted

About the greatest number of storms in one day in the last six years for Worthing. Three this afternoon, however none was spectacular. Storms from the south rarely seem to strike here, usually passing to the east. Todays north-westerly approach worked well though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

A couple of heavy thundery showers observed while at work in Croydon yesterday. The first between 3.15 and 3.45 p.m and another around about 5.45 p.m.

Saw a few flashes of lightning with both and a couple of rumbles but could also make out some more grumbling type thunder above the general din of the town. Pretty heavy shower went through earlier, around 12.30/12.45. no thunder though. That one seemed to have turned thundery east of Croydon.

The rainfall, especially in the mid-afternoon shower, was notable and came through in squalls and a roaring sound as it pounded ours and surrounding buildings.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Very heavy rain with thunder and lightning here about half an hour ago, have a very strange sky to my south and southeast now.

Looks like this was my storm, now to the north.

post-131-1247597421_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Storm approached from the SW and missed us mainly to the NW. Nice gust front which passed over here at 19:00 bringing some much-needed rain. Lots of sferics on MW and thunder heard although no lightning seen. I guess maybe two strikes per minute.

Lasted about 20 minutes then moved NE out to sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Got some heavy showers around Consett now with 2 rumbles of thunder so far :)

Probably the least promising day of the week and we get something.

Posted
Got some heavy showers around Consett now with 2 rumbles of thunder so far :)

Probably the least promising day of the week and we get something.

not bad at all mark.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Two rumbles here too. Stormy looking conditions and torrential rain as

cells converged into a fair-sized cluster around 2:30pm very slow moving

and has just about cleared now 7:30pm during that time 11.6mm of rain

has fallen.

Posted

Here we go!

Pouring with rain here for the last 30 minutes and now 5 rumbles of thunder within the last couple of minutes. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I was totally drenched in 10 seconds from the storm that passed over the Eastern end of the Isle of Wight at 1940hrs.

There was lightning and heavy rain with some flooding of roads..... :) yippeeee it was great, had to leave work and come home, through sunshine would you believe. Much darker when I got here at 2015 hrs more thunder from my West this time and moderate rain.

Very enjoyable end to work indeed :)

Russ

Posted

Good storm yesterday evening started about 8.30pm died down then came back shortly before 11pm with a loud finale. Once the first part had moved over noticed a clear break over us in the clouds but lightning was still going on to the east and west in the distance :lol: Also some heavy rain at times.

Callie :huh:

Posted

Passed through a couple of storms today both around Swindon, first one around 11.30 torrential rain some nice lightning, and pretty much the same as we left for home, just out side Swindon about 12.30.

Posted

afternoon all

just a quick post while me electric is back on, three vicious storms we have had this afternoon, with torrential rain, in addition to the one that rudely awoke me this morning at 6.45. just been to the village and quite a bit of road flood. radar shows we in the firing line for a few hours yet. been the best set of storms for years.

To Be honest we getting battered here in lincolnshire, electric lost about a dozen times now, fantastic radar images for our area.

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Thunder & lightning but more thunder than lightning,heavy rain at the moment,seems to be coming from north easterly direction.

Posted
To Be honest we getting battered here in lincolnshire, electric lost about a dozen times now, fantastic radar images for our area.

Short-lived funnel just to the south of Boston! Lasted about 2-3 mins before dissipating.

Aside from that, storm system has just clipped the south of Boston. Deathly black clouds all along southern/western horizon with frequent and sometimes impressive lightning (C-G) and thunder. It is now moving south again after being almost overhead. Shower of rain just stopped. Bit disappointing really!

People living in Kirton, Frampton, Sutterton and Wigtoft must have had a brilliant display!

Posted

Nearly crashed the car this morning on the way to drop the kids off when I spotted a funnel cloud over Worlebury Hill, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset. At about 7:50 BST, a heavy westerly squall blew up. Luckily I had my little digital camera in the car (always on the lookout for K-H events...) and after frantically searching for a safe spot to pull up snapped a few pics. Using google maps, I reckon I saw this from almost exactly one mile away. The photos didn't do justice to the structure I spotted with the naked eye, so in 2 of the images attached I've used PS CS2 to enhance contrast. The funnel was very elegant and thin, and seemed to come close to (but not reach) the ground beneath. My six year old was very excited, and a little frightened, and I hope that this is the start of her extreme weather hobby! Haven't seen any reports of damage or other images in local news today but I'll keep an eye out for others who may have spotted it.

73s

Mudhopper

post-8807-12481274318511_thumb.jpg

post-8807-12481275896037_thumb.jpg

post-8807-12481277111464_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi All,

Had a horrendous thunderstorm last night at about 11pm. Some very powerful lightning and thunder. The thunder actually made the house shake. It was torrential rain before it arrived, once the lightning started the rain stopped. The storm lasted about 30mins. Was very nice.