Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November Photo Competition

Posted

November - already?! I know, it'll soon be that time of year again, with joy and celebrations and too much beer. But enough of World Hello Day on the 21st, and on with the competition.

So, lovely nw photographers, post into this thread any photos taken during November that you wish to enter into our Monthly Photo Competition. Maximum three entries per member.

Remember:

Entries will NOT be accepted if they're sized above 1024 x 768.

So please resize.

Here's a free resizing programme - it really couldn't be easier:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/jresizer.html

As usual, the winning entry will be the photo for November in the 2008 netweather.tv calendar.

And news of the 2007 netweather.tv calendar will be announced shortly.

Happy snapping :nonono:

Posted

The Red Admiral pictured was taken today (November 3rd). Wonderful looking thing, the original is too blurred to enter this contest. (Thought I'd show it here out of general interest as I post my first entry below.)

redadmiralty9.jpg

post-2782-1162578287.jpg

Posted
I'm not much cop at this photo malarky, only having my camera 2 days. However, thought this tree was dead pretty so I'd put it in here:

Hi Chilly, not bad for a camera straight out of the box but...you might want to resize your photo entries so you don't incur the wrath of our wonderful mods. See Shuggee's post at the start of this thread with an easy to use programme.

There are others as well. I use PIXresizer, which is very easy to use and understand. Similar to the one Shuggee suggests, if not the same one by a different name. At the moment your images are about twice the size they need to be.

Good luck getting the hang of the camera, and with the resizing. :lol:

Posted

Thanks Blackie, I think I've managed it although I can't edit my previous posts. So hopefully Shuggee will delete those whilst I put them here.

post-2292-1162627602.jpg

post-2292-1162627626.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Ok then....might as well put this one in, taken this morning.

post-717-1162402090_thumb.jpg

Lovely photo OON. That area is so picturesque. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Thanks coldfingers.I am pleased I caught this sunset well.Since moving to the country-side I have a beautiful view from outside my window overlooking a field which has magnificent sunsets and spectucalar clouds. I am just waiting for the snow and the storms now lol. I must of took about 20 photos and it wasen't until it started getting dark that I could actually capture the lovely orange and reds of the sunset.

Jane ;)

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Here is my first one for this month

Took this at 0515hrs this morning just before i went to work

using a fine pix s5600 x10 optical zoom . zoom for this shot was at its maximum

nigel

Posted

Some great pictures being posted again. Here's my first for this month from last Sunday morning, had a great walk, the weather was crackin'!

post-2254-1163185854.jpg

Posted
Some great pictures being posted again. Here's my first for this month from last Sunday morning, had a great walk, the weather was crackin'!

Lovely picture there, potsy. Very atmospheric and lots of movement and fluidity with the sheep coming towards the camera. I love the muted colours as well. Definitely a shot I could imagine on a calendar. :D